The importance of Vitamin IV Infusion Therapy
IV vitamin therapy can help patients with many issues like weight loss, hydration, nutrition defects, cleanse your body of unwanted toxins, energy levels, cardiovascular health, anxiety and promote relaxation. IV therapy benefits many people, whether that’s providing the essential nutrients they need to live, helping improve their quality of life by addressing symptoms such as dehydration, or just simply making people feel better. If you’re interested in exploring what IV hydration can do for you, then check out all our vitamin iv infusions and see which one could be right for your needs.
What is Vitamin IV Infusion Therapy?
IV vitamin therapy are an excellent way for someone to replenish stores of vitamins and minerals that they might have lost. While most people receive enough vitamins and minerals through a well-rounded diet, it is also possible that people might be lacking in one or two specific vitamins or minerals. Prior research studies have found that this might be a great way for someone to maximize their overall health and wellness. It's a safe and efficient way to receive these nutrients because the IV method bypasses the digestive system. This means that 100 percent of the nutrients are consumed into the body’s bloodstream.
A stark contrast to those who may try to ingest or swallow pills. As vitamins pass through the esophagus and into the stomach, the acidic environment often degrades a portion of the vitamins, not allowing for them to be absorbed and used. Enzymes break down the vitamins and might render them useless, efficiency is one of the main benefits of administering vitamins through an IV.
When someone has their vitamins absorbed in this fashion, this can lead to instant health benefits. Vitamins play an essential role in almost all the body's metabolic processes which include GI, immune, and cardiac health. These vitamins can also play an important role in someone's pain management. For this reason, vitamins through an IV have grown immensely in popularity over the past few years. IV Vitamins are an exceptional way for someone to take care of their overall health.
HOW DO IV DRIPS WORK?
An IV vitamin therapy involves a small tube called a catheter and a saline-based electrolyte solution that contains your selected vitamins and nutrients. An IV vitamin therapy delivers these essential nutrients and fluids directly into your bloodstream, bypassing your digestive tract. There’s no wait time, and the nutrition is instantly available to remedy your body’s health and wellness needs.
- Our nurse practitioner places a small, thin plastic tube called a catheter directly into your vein. To place the catheter, we use a numbing spray to help minimize any discomfort
- Once our nurse accesses your vein, we remove the needle.
- The catheter remains inside you deliver your IV infusion.
- The catheter is attached to a bag, which contains your vitamins.
In total, an IV vitamin therapy takes around 30 to 45 minutes for a complete therapy session. This includes completing a few forms prior to your infusion as well as a quick health assessment.
WHAT GOES INTO AN IV?
Some IV vitamin therapy contain electrolytes and salts, while others contain sugars, vitamins, and antioxidants. Each concoction differs depending on the health and wellness needs of each patient.
The most common ingredients that go into IVs include:
- Saline. This a solution of salt in water and is the most common type of fluid for IVs. A Saline solution is great for dehydration and hangovers since sodium is a type of electrolyte.
- Vitamins. The benefits of vitamins and antioxidants are essential, as they can give us a boost of energy, strengthen our immune system, plus so much more.
- Electrolytes. These essential elements and compounds hydrate our bodies, regulate nerve and muscle function, regulate blood pressure, and more. Besides sodium, your body needs potassium, calcium, bicarbonate, magnesium, chloride and phosphate — all of which are electrolytes.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET AN IV?
We recommend our clients come in for IV therapy 1-2 times a month. We take a customized approach to suit your individual needs. For preventative health and wellness, we recommend two IV vitamin therapies per month, as this helps balance out any vitamin deficiencies
Trust the Dedicated Team from Advanced Medical Solutions
Those who are looking to learn more about vitamin iv therapy should reach out to the team at Advanced Medical Solutions. We are here to help everyone with their health and wellness, of which vitamin IV infusion therapy can play a significant role. Before calling to schedule an appointment, please look at all of our vitamin iv infusions to find the perfect one for you.